16666 Posts in 1617 Topics - by 1168 Members - Latest Member: Ansh

Author Topic: Adding Custom Maps  (Read 557 times)

Offline Martin

• Donator
  • Professional Stunter

• Badges: (View All)
Adding Custom Maps
« on: December 16, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »
A simple tutorial explaining how to add a map, that you've built for example, to your own test/private/public server.

Let's say you just began playing SA-MP and got no clue of anything, neither adding your map. Let's start with replacing the default Grand Larency gamemode with a bit simpler one, eh? Creating a simple gamemode isn't hard at all. I'll insert a link here for you with a simple gamemode that I did: Gamemode Link. Now, place it in your gamemode folder, go back to the server.cfg and change grandlarc 1 to the gamemode's name.

About adding your map: You'll see a folder called pawno inside your server folder, however you named it. Open the pawno and press CTRL + N. You will see a few lines popped up on your screen. Search for the line public OnGameModeInit(). After AddPlayerClass, add your map code, if you are using the Map Construction. If you are mapping with MTA, the case is a bit different since you have to convert the code for PAWN. After you have placed your code, make sure they are all equal, by this I mean you must press TAB before each sentence, or just mark them all and press TAB. There's a icon on the top, when you hover over it, it should say Compile. Click on it, and place the 2 files you just got (.pwn and .amx) into your filterscripts folder.

Let's go back to your server.cfg, open it and add your filterscript, however you named it, to the filterscripts line. Start your server and you are good to go!

The following users thanked this post: Kenny, Yousaf

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19